This 2 day course will give you all the tips and techniques you need to carry out patchwork and quilting projects confidently.
Over 2 Saturdays, you will make learn all of the techniques needed for beginning your journey into patchwork and quilting. We aim to complete a small quilt, by making a patchwork quilt top and then using a ‘quilt as you go’ technique to add a border, finishing off with a binding.
You will learn…
- How to use a rotary cutter and ruler
- Learn Patchwork and quilting jargon
- using 1/4″ seams
- Nesting seams
- Stitching in the ditch
- Using a Sizzix cutting machine
- chain stitching for speed and efficiency
- Backing a quilt
- Quilt as you go technique for a quilt border
- making your own quilt binding
- Binding and finishing a quilt edge
Maximum of 4 per class will give you plenty of time to get all the support you need.
This class is suitable for beginners to sewing but you must be able to use a sewing machine confidently. Please see the Learn to use a sewing machine class if needed