Make this large luxury Re-Useable Christmas Cracker. ALL MATERIALS INCLUDED
For a more eco-friendly Christmas, you can re-use these crackers for years to come. They are not filled with single use plastics and you can add your own useful, and more environmentally friendly gifts tailored for each person.
This unique Christmas Cracker has been designed by Jane Gordon. It includes 2 separate bags with velcro bases. The bags are covered with a sturdy fabric tube so the bag contents are completely hidden. The cracker can be pulled in the same way as a traditional cracker with a crackle sound from the velcro rather than a banger.
The pattern includes 2 cracker sizes.
Large for an impressive table decoration or small which is the size of a standard single use cracker. Some makers use the large cracker as an inventive present wrapping, making the cracker part of their gift.
NB: We will be making the large cracker in this class
Included in the price of this class…
- Pattern download for your continued use and a paper copy of the pattern for using in the class
- Fabric, interfacing, velcro and ribbon (All the requirements needed to make a large table cracker) Choice of polar bears or Scandinavian design
- A lovely festive hot drink and a piece of cake from Popsy’s cafe to get into the christmas spirit
There is a maximum of 6 places on this class
You will need previous experience of using a sewing machine. There are a few tricky bits, which we will talk you through step by step. If you are a complete beginner, (i.e. you have not used a sewing machine before) you may find some of this project a slight challenge.
We will work through the pattern step by step and ensure that everyone is up to speed before moving on past any stage. Because of this, some of you will have a bit more time in between stages than others. This will give you time to nibble on your snacks and drink you tea!
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CLASS
- Everything you need for the class will be provided for you
- Please bring your own scissors, snips and pins if you are able to.