Curves and Binding
When you are making clothes, you will always have to tackle curves. You’ll find curves on sleeves, armholes, necklines, hems and crotch seams.
During this class, Jane will demonstrate
- using bias binding around a curve
- Making your own bias binding
- Cutting neatly around tight curves
- Sewing a curved hemline
- Sewing a sleeve
- Understanding the Grainline and bias
- How to overlock around a curve
You will then have chance to try out the techniques for yourself under the guidance of Jane who will answer all of your questions along the way.
Bias binding and fabric for samples included in the price. You can take your samples home with you for future reference.
You will be able to take notes during the class and to video Jane on your phone when she is demonstrating if you wish to have a reminder for future sewing.