Sewing with stretch
Stretch fabrics offer a variety of benefits to the clothes you make, adding comfort and shape to garments.
During this class, Jane will demonstrate
- Different kinds of stretch fabrics
- Stretch necklines
- Sewing with stretch on a sewing machine
- Sewing with stretch on an overlocker
- Hems on stretch fabrics using a twin needle
- Using a Cover-stitch machine for stretch hems
- What stitches to use for stretch
- How to adjust your sewing machine to help with stretch fabrics
You will then have chance to try out the techniques for yourself under the guidance of Jane who will answer all of your questions along the way.
All fabric for samples included in the price. You can take your samples home with you for future reference.
You will be able to take notes during the class and to video Jane on your phone when she is demonstrating if you wish to have a reminder for future sewing.