Jane Gordon has always worked with schools and in the community alongside her role as a costume maker and sewing teacher. She has worked on both large and small projects. These range from one-off sessions, drop-in workshops in theatres and museums to a three year Artist in Residence secondment in an Early Years setting.
She has been the Lead Artist on a number of projects, which involved groups of artists and teaching professionals developing their projects over several months or years. This included delivering creative training and mentoring to new artists and early years practitioners.
Jane’s own creative training and experience working with children has expanded through a number of training courses after the completion of her degree in Furniture and Product Design.
Her experience includes:
- One year volunteer training programme in Creative Playwork Training. This involved working with 5–12-year-old children, both with and without disabilities.
- Volunteer training course in Communication Through the Creative Arts, working specifically with people who had learning disabilities.
- CACHE Level 2 and Level 3 Certificate in Playwork and NVQ Level 3 Playwork
- One year – Same Sky Community Arts: Celebratory Arts Training Course
- Stage 1 Adult Teaching Certificate (also PTLLS top up to Level 4).
- Creative Partnerships ‘Bridging the Gap’ Training Day
Below are some of the projects that Jane has been involved in over the years.
All of these projects were developed through careful planning, design and discussions regarding each of the settings. The projects grew through the ownership and direction of the children.